Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sally got fin rot


I am currently treating Sally for fin rot, and decided to share my process with everyone in case this ever happens to you.

1: Do a complete Tank clean; Some have suggested using bleach, but I am extremely careful with the health of my betta, therefore i use dawn dish soap. It is EXTREMELY important to RINSE, RINSE, and RINSE! If you have rocks i would suggest throwing the old ones out and replacing them as I did.
2: Once you have thoroughly cleaned your betta tank you should add the medication.  For example i went to Wal-Mart and purchased Lifeguard All-In-One Treatment slow release formula.  Follow the specific directions on the back TO THE LETTER.
3: After using the treatment i would suggest changing a minimum of 25% of the water.

** I'm currently on day one of Sally's treatment, but i have treated other fish for this in the past.
** I will keep everyone updated

                   Drew Sally "as a cartoon" the snowmageddon has made me extremely bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment